Scotland Food Ideas
Cheese and chicken pasta shells recipe
This recipe is relatively simple to make using fine simple ingredients.
Cheese and chicken pasta shells
- 25 g (1 oz) margarine (or butter)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 x 397g (14 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp) tomato puree
- 1 x 5 ml spoon (1 tsp) basil, chopped
- 125 g (4 oz) ricotta cheese
- 125 g (4 oz) low fat cottage cheese 15 g (1/2oz) Parmesan cheese
- 125 g (4 oz) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
- 1 x 15m1 spoon (1 tbsp) capers
- Few drops lemon juice
- 12 large pasta shells
Cook pasta Shells in boiling salted water until `al dente' and drain. Sauce: melt margarine (or butter) and saute onion and garlic until soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15-20 minutes stirring frequently: Combine filling ingredients and use to fill each pasta shell. Place shells in an ovenproof dish and heat through in pre-heated oven 160°C, 325F, Gas No. 3 for 10-15 minutes. Serve with the tomato sauce.
Approx. 424kcal per portion
As with all recipes which involve cooking and baking a sensible approach must be taken especially when dealing with warm or hot (temperature) ingredients. If you are unable to take due care, please do not attempt to make any of these recipes. All recipes are tried at your own risk.
For US to UK equivalents for food weights and measurements see this rough guide
Whilst these recipes may be freely used they may NOT be reproduced in any format (for example -electronic or paper based) without the website owners PRIOR agreement.
- Servings 4
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- Cooking Time 30 mins