Seasonal main course food and Drink Ideas
Traditional Christmas Holiday Recipe
This is a seasonal recipe with a slight twist. Christmas for most of the world is in the middle of winter and this recipe uses warming ingredients.
- 25 g (1 oz) margarine
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 225 g (8 oz) long grain rice
- 450 ml (16 fl oz) chicken stock
- 2-3 x 5 ml spoons (2-3 tsps) paprika
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 x 397 g (14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- 225g (8 oz) seafood e.g. prawns, crab, mussels
- 175 g (6 oz) cooked turkey, diced
- 1 x 15 ml spoon (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
Heat the margarine in a large pan and sauté onion, garlic and bacon for 3 minutes. Add rice and sauté for 1 minute. Add stock and paprika. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add green pepper and tomatoes and simmer for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the seafood and turkey and heat through for 5-6 minutes. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- Servings 4
- Preparation Time 20 mins
- Cooking Time 25 mins
As with all recipes which involve cooking and baking a sensible approach must be taken especially when dealing with warm or hot (temperature) ingredients. If you are unable to take due care, please do not attempt to make any of these recipes. All recipes are tried at your own risk.
For US to UK equivalents for food weights and measurements see this rough guide
Whilst these recipes may be freely used they may NOT be reproduced in any format (for example -electronic or paper based) without the website owners PRIOR agreement.